Thursday, February 28, 2008

Wait where am I again?

What a night yesterday! It seriously felt like being back in the PR, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. hehe So my Papà had to go into Santiago for 3 meetings, which just happened to be in the same neighborhood as Nacho's, so I called him and he's like for sure, Seba is here too and we'll all hang out.

So the next day, I took the bus with my bro Jose Pablo into Rancagua. Its always an adventure. We were waiting for a colectivo by the highway which were all full. Then we waved to the bus or la micro and he just went by. Out in the country they don't come by that often. So 15min later we were finally on our way into the city. Then we had to take a colectivo from where they dropped us off to where my dad was meeting us. WOW! We finally got there though, luckily we were in chile and my dad hadn't even gotten there yet! :)

So my bro took his car, and I went with my papà to Santiago! I am seriously head over heels in love with that city. I saw the US Embassy and some other really cool buildings, since he was in the business secition of the city. Nacho and Seba finally showed up and we went to Nach0's house. His mom was there and she is from Argentina and has the cutest little accent. His sister Jose (Josefina) is studying art so it was cool to see some of the stuff she was working on. We watched Juno, and just hung out and talked. It was cool hearing about their trip to the United States. After his Dad resigned from his job they rented and RV and drove alllllll across the country. They even were in Chicago for the taste!!

So then we had some once pan con palta, bread with avacado, and chillaxed. Then we had to go pick up his friend Jose Manuel, and go meet my dad so I could go back to Rancagua. My papa was finishing up his meeting at... 9PM! I was shocked!!! They were at Starbucks and told us to meet them there. He's like its on Alfonoso Cordova and Vitacura. Not too bad, far from where we were, but we were like 15min we'll be there. We got there and I called him and I was like where are you? He's like outside... Im like know I am outside... Confused the guy was like there is another Starbucks 3 blocks down there and then take a right and its at the end of the street! Who would have thought that there would be two starbucks with in walking distance in Santiago, Chile!!!! I mean they are not as frequent in other parts because its double the price as America. Can you imagine Starbucks being even MORE expensive? WOW!

well that's my story for now! hope all is well!

No comments: