Monday, February 18, 2008

San Alfonso del Mar

Hola todos! I just got home yesterday from a wonderful 5 days in a resort in Agarrobo, Chile! I had such a good time! The place was huge... and that is probably an understatement. There is this lagun that stretches 1km where you can swim or windsurf or kyak. Unfortunately, they didn't rent kyaks only for owners but I went out in a kyak with my cousin and my new friends. We had such a good time! The water is salt water that they take from the ocean and they filtrate it and they put it in this pool. I was not expecting it to be soo salty and it was kinda gross.

There wasn't a whole lot to do. I did take a spinning class with my mama! It was sooo much fun to do together. We ended up just sweating and sweating and sweating!!! But the good kind of exhausting where you just feel totally dead. It was amazing!! hahahah.

I also found out I can play poker. I ended up winning 1,000 pesos!!! Sounds like a lot but it is really like 2 dollars. High roller!!!

The boys went to the cancha volleyball court and they just drank a lot and their freind played the guitar. It was funny because in Chile when people get drunk there were many who came up to me just to talk in English. It was hilarious!!!

Because my mama knows pretty much everyone, one of her former students was there. He was soo cute and such a caballero a gentleman. He invited me to come visit him in Santiago and he'll take my to la moneda where the president, Michelle Bachelet, lives right now. I am so excited. I have been to Santiago, but haven't done anything touristy! Maybe I'll even get to see Pablo Neruda's house! Well we'll see!!! I'll keep you all updated!! cuidense!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

you didn't see pablo neruda's house? we did weren't you there? maybe it was his house in valparaiso