Tuesday, March 11, 2008

El cuento de la Wasa

hola todos.
Sorry its been a while since I've updated. Today was one of the coolest days of the trip... ok that's an exaggeration, but definitely the coolest day in Rancagua/Lo Miranda. This morning I got to sleep in til 8:15! Usually during the week I have been getting up at 6:30 for school. I got all ready, and even made breakfast for myself. Not gonna lie, it was really weird being all alone in the house. So then I had some coffee and continued reading my book. :)

At 9:30 country time so really like 10, the nana's daughter game to get me. Her dad brought two horses and we went riding. :) Man it had been a while since I rode a horse, but I love them! We went around the back of my house up a dirt path toward the mountains! It was a little cold and cloudy, but the ride was beautiful just the same. It was really funny because the country folk or wasos as they are called here are so different. they talk a lot faster and chop even more words off, but they stay in the country. The dad was born and raised in Lo Miranda and his whole family just stayed ehre, so I would be like oh what a cute little house and he's like oh that's my cousins house. And everyone says hi... we passed so many people working out ont he farm and they alls aid hi and how are you blah blah blah. it was amazing! I absolutely love this culture! <3

So we kept going and we climbed up the mountains and got to thyis lookout point where you can see the whole town. Its like this tiny little gray circle surrounded in just green trees all the way up the mountain side. Ont he way home we went through town. It felt so weird being on the roads but on horseback! I am just a total wasa now for sure!!! :)

I learned a lot about myself. I also thought I was a city girl. I remembered how scared I was when I found out I was getting placed in the country. Now, I don't think I would want it any other way. Sure, sometimes you have to wait to go because there is a heard of cattle crossing the street, but the benefits are immeasurable. The air is so fresh and its so serene. I don't think I have ever appreciated it. I really wouldn't be surprised now if I end up in the country now. And now as I am writing this I am watching the sunset over la cordillera de la costa costal mountain range, and its unbelievable! What am I going to do back in suburbia?? haha at least the mountains will always be here waiting for me! Somone told me remember though you can't go back in years you can always go back to that place. Let the 5 year countdown til I move here begin... :)

see you all soon!!

No comments: